Friday, July 24, 2009

The Nail Cross


My Oldest Son starts Junior High on Monday and I wanted to dedicate a blog to him.

On Feb. 1st 1997 was the day that changed my life forever and I was never to be the same. What an Awesome undescribable feeling it is to be a Mom and to be called one for that fact. I still remember the day he was born and being a first time Mom, afraid to carry him because I thought I'd break him. I nicknamed him my little Chunky Monkey, if you'd see a baby pic you'd know why. I have guided him the best that I can and am always there with a kiss or a hug when needed, funny how a little kiss can bring a smile on his face. ha! We have recently upgraded from kiss on the lips to kisses on the cheek for fear that someone might see. Our bond is so tight and there isn't one day that passes that I don't tell him how much I love him.

My little Baby has grown up to be such a handsome boy. His fascinations at the moment are the beach, skateboarding, baseball, junk food, reading and testing me till I've almost reached my limit. ha!! He definately keeps me grounded.

I have been told that boys are very close to their Mom's and then at some point start to separate themselves from the security of their Mothers arms. Could this happen to him and I?

So lately, I've had this itch to buy him something special, something that will highlight these years of his life and to remind him that God is with him wherever he may go.

I've decided on a Cross necklace because from the day that he was born I put him in God's hands. This is my token to my son to remind him that with God all things are possible. So I hope he takes care of it and maybe one day he will pass it along to his Son.

2 comments:

  1. Awww Sis, your Chunky Monkey is growing up! The Cross necklace is a wonderful idea. I am more than sure that, he will treasure it forever.
    I wish my nephews a good start to a new school year and I will have them in my prayers.

    ~Amor, Familia Y Cultura~
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry has developed into a strong and handsome young boy. You have strived to give him all you can and that amazes me. Our strong roots in believing in God's mercy and love has continued through the next generation. The cross is such an awesome gift. You know I had a similar idea for Jakob. I plan on giving him his first bible for his birthday in October. I feel he needs to read and understand first-hand what we tell him.

    <(())< One Way...Jesus!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete